9 years ago today I started my blog. Hard to believe I am about to go into my 10th year and have been blogging nearly a decade in this space. So many things have changed in that time. When I started blogging blogs were pretty plain and simple. Social media consisted of Twitter and that’s about it. The blog world is a totally different space and most of the friends I made early in blogging don’t blog anymore. But I wanted to share 9 things for 9 years, just random memories/fun facts/ etc. At the very bottom of this post is an amazing giveaway so check it out!
9 Things For 9 Years
- The font/color situation. When I was first blogging it was really popular to change the font and color of font in your post all the way through. It was also popular to align the post down the middle. Face palm.
- Blissdom was the first blog conference I went to back in 2011. The last time Blissdom was held was 2013 and it’s coming back next year. You bet your booty I’ll be there. Blissdom completely changed my life!
- I used to not be private about any part of my life. I feel like I naively shared TOO much on my blog early on. Once I got married I really pulled in and kept personal life personal. We don’t share Liam or much about our families because we really want to respect their privacy.
- Friendships. I have a really hard time trusting people and always have. Some of my greatest friendships however, are ones I made in this space. Some of them still blog. Some do not. Some I talk to daily some I do not. But these are girls I trust with my life.
- My husband. Did you know that not for blogging I would not have met Andrew? True story. One of my friends I made in this space made Andrew and I happen! Thanks, Sar!
- Travel. Some of the best travel opportunities I have had have been because of blogging. Traveling to Tampa, Chicago, New York, BVI, Bahamas, St. Marteen. So many cool places I have gotten to visit thanks to this amazing space.
- Support. The support I have been giving through so many hard life circumstances amazes me. People I have never met in person reaching out and being so loving, caring, and supportive. It really makes me see the good in people.
- Relationships with brands. Because of this space I have gotten to work with so many of my favorite brands and build amazing relationships and friendships because of it. I have gotten to see the backend of how so many brands work and develop products. For this I am forever grateful.
- Staying home with my boy. Because of this job that I love so much I have been able to stay home with Liam. I have gotten to see every first and not miss a moment! I am forever grateful to YOU guys reading this blog because without you all of this would not be possible.
To say a BIG thank you I am giving away two great things. I truly could not do this without you guys so this is just a very small token of my appreciation!
I am giving away a $100 gift card to ANYWHERE you want! You decide! I am also giving away THIS Chappywrap blanket! It’s worth $129 and the coziest thing ever! One of my favorite things in the world. Just use the Rafflecopter below to enter! I will announce the winner on the widget within 24 hours of the giveaway ending and email them. They will have 24 hours to claim before I pick another winner!