Happy February friends! It’s hard for me to believe it’s February because it’s Liams birthday month. This means I have an almost one year old! Anyways, before I start crying about that I am here today to share my February 2018 goals. But first let’s see how I did in January!
February 2018 Goals
In January I wanted to….
- Read 4 books: Yep I read 4 exactly. I can’t wait to share some favorites.
- Start mediating daily: I started but not till mid January. But I am really really loving it. I am using Headspace if you’re curious! Super easy to follow!
- Work on Pinterest growth: Yes going well but I really want to concentrate heavily on it this year.
- Have blog posts written through February: I have about 2/3 of February done.
- Get everything organized for Liam’s birthday party (WHAT!?): Mostly! It’s this weekend so we are ready! Just a few final touches!
- Figure out my NYC business trip plans: Working on it! Excited for the opportunities.
- Have 2 date nights with Andrew (we’ve gotten so much better): I was sick for half the month as was Liam but we managed to get out for the Katy Perry concert and then the Killers concert (thanks dad for the tickets!) We aren’t usually 2 concerts in one month people but yay!
- See at least one award nominated movie (I rarely see movies): I saw I, Tonya and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, MO. Both movies were fantastic. I saw Lady Bird in December.
- Organize my closet and donate items (a January favorite activity): Organized, yes. I have to drop the items off still!
In February I want to…
- Write thank you notes for Liam’s bday gifts
- Organize Liam’s toys and purge/put in storage
- Read 4 books
- Have at least one date night with Andrew (Not Valentine’s related)
- Take Liam on a fun birthday day adventure
- Get my summer editorial calendar started
- Do something special for my parents even if it’s small
- Focus more on daily meditation
- Continue to up my water intake
- Focus more on yoga practice and consistently attend a class weekly at my gym
One thing I plan to add each month is how I did with my word of the year, balance. This month I started doing a few things for just me. I started BBG (y’all I will do an entire post on this once I have done it for a bit). I started daily meditating before Liam wakes up in the morning. I also started doing at least 10-15 minutes of yoga. I do this at home in our playroom usually before Liam is up or while he takes a nap. I feel like these things are giving me a lot more balance. I am also trying to unplug more on weekends. Unless I have work that HAS to get done I am trying to let weekends be for our family, and for Andrew and I to both have our own time as well as couple time.
I also want to note that I participated in dry January (aka not drinking alcohol in January) for no reason actually just more of a reset.
I would love to know what some of your February 2018 goals are!