7.13.20 12

If We Were On A (Socially Distanced) Coffee Date…

Well, it’s been a year since I have done a coffee date post. If you are new, a coffee date post is where I just act like we are besties on a coffee date and chatting. This one is a little different as currently, the only kind of coffee dates are those of the virtual or socially distanced persuasion. So grab some coffee…

If We Were On A (Socially Distanced) Coffee Date…

I would ask what you made or bought? I’ve been going through the Starbucks drive-thru A LOT just to get out and do something.

I would ask how you are REALLY doing with everything going on. It’s a lot. The COVID-19 numbers here in TX are so bad and I wish people would just wear a FREAKING mask.

I would want to know what shows you are watching? We need new ones. Currently, we are making our way through Married At First Sight. We have basically finished Netflix. Oh, and I am watching the new Netflix reboot of The Babysitters Club which is nostalgic and wonderful.

Have you seen any new movies? I have not. Oh, wait I saw Trolls World Tour haha.

I would want to know what kinds of things you’ve been doing to keep yourself busy? Me? Besides work, being a mom, and wife, and normal day to day stuff I have been reading a lot, organizing and trying to feel connected to friends and family.

Do you have kids? How do you feel about school starting? As of now, Liam’s school is starting on August 24th and I am so happy for him. I feel like kids have had to make the most sacrifices during this time and he needs something normal back.  School stopped, soccer stopped, anything fun he did stopped. I know that’s all kids, but this is my kid and he’s the one I see affected.

Are there any COVID-19 related changes to things you are actually on board with? I am LOVING wine curbside pickup, all the doctor appts I can do via Zoom, and anything that has cut down on unnecessary attendance to things.

Thanks for hanging out with me on this coffee date. Comment below with an answer to any of these topics!

1. It’s weird – with the pandemic going on you’d think I’d have watched at least one movie, but I haven’t! I suppose it’s because life is all going on as normal here in Asia, where the number of cases are extremely low, at least compared to the US…

Published 7.13.20
  2. Ashley wrote:

A coffee date sounds so fun! I am living in a new city now, so meeting people and going for coffee sounds wonderful. To answer your questions:

1. I am handling COVID okay. Sadly, I haven’t had to make too many changes to my lifestyle, so I feel like I am dealing better than most. My husband and I are taking more walks on trails that don’t get much traffic. Our thing has always been going out to restaurants a few times a month, which we can do again now (but haven’t much). And I really only met up with friends once every month or two. So really, things ‘feel’ normal to me. The biggest difference is wearing a mask to the grocery store.

2. I am watching Brothers & Sisters on Hulu. How have I never heard of this show before now? It’s SO good! I am on Season 3 now. Everything else I am watching, I am waiting on new seasons to be released. I DO need to watch the Babysitter Club reboot, though! My husband and I just watched A Simple Favor (I think that is what it was called) on Hulu. It was pretty good and definitely had a twist at the end.

3. To keep busy, I have been writing! I started a new blog that I have been focusing on, and am trying to edit a novel I wrote and pick back up with writing the sequel.

4. No kids yet. Hopefully soon!

Published 7.13.20
  3. Kristine Nicole Alessandra wrote:

I have been spending more time in my garden. I did get some basil and parsley seedlings and they are doing pretty well in my herb planter. I have also binged watched 2 movies on Netflix last night. The first one was “Through Night and Day” which is a Filipino film with English subtitles. It is about a relationship that was meant to be, but did not turn out that way. I cried so much watching this. The other movie was “Ocean Heaven” a Chinese movie with English subtitles too. It is about a terminally ill father with an autistic son. Another major tearjerker. You can check them out. I am sure you’ll like them.

Published 7.13.20
  4. Brandy wrote:

I love this if we were really on a socially distanced coffee date. It’s so different from area to area it seems with everything. Where I live is very very different with few cases and our state is mostly reopened. I’m still avoiding crowds, and do miss seeing smiley faces at the grocery store but I think we’re all in this together. Hoping for better days. Keeping eyes on the small things to be grateful for.

Published 7.13.20
  5. Sarah Styf wrote:

There are things I’m down with. Honestly masks not being weird during any sickness outbreak (like flu) would be cool with me. Sitting in my car instead of a waiting room for doctors visits. Take-out. And I’m totally down with streaming new movies on demand for $20 🙂

Published 7.13.20
  6. Lisa wrote:

I didn’t realise The Babysitters Club was on Netflix. I’ve just saved it to my list. One of my biggest regrets growing up was selling box full of my babysitter club books in a garage sale. Lisa @lovefromlisa.com

Published 7.14.20
  7. I agree with all the COVID-19 related changes you are on board with! Happy for those things to stick around…everything else, not so much. I need people to WEAR MASKS! Oh, and I didn’t know there was a Babysitters Club reboot on Netflix. Say what!? I’m gonna have to check that out. 🙂

Published 7.14.20

This has been so hard, but I’m also hopeful school will start for my boys. My oldest especially needs it. We are supposed to start August 11 in the Houston area but we will see what happens.

Published 7.14.20
  9. Ashley wrote:

I’m enjoying the BSC on Netflix too. They did a great job updating it! No one wears masks here anymore either. It’s so stupid and frustrating!

Published 7.14.20
  10. Yup, I am all into telemedicine – not having to schlep our LD daughter to 3 therapy appointments a week is grand! And our fun viewing of late for our (new since lockdown) nightly pre-bed family TV date, depending on whether we’re with Daddy (= the former) or visiting my mama for her version of “summer camp” (= the latter), = streaming either Nickelodeon’s Avatar: The Last Airbender on Netflix, or the original Little House On The Prairie TV series from the 1970s! The latter is a hoot to revisit, and I’m surprised at how many amazing life lessons they pack in for kiddos in family-friendly format!

Published 7.14.20
  11. Angela wrote:

This situation has been wearing me down! I am nervous about school starting, I really want my kids to get back at it though!!

Published 7.15.20
  12. Jeh-C wrote:

I have definately been loving work from home. It has helped me to set more boundaries between work and home and the time I’ve saved from my commute, I now use to get some more yoga in. I can’t imagine having to go back into the office.

Published 7.20.20