With summer right around the corner, our schedule will start to lighten up a bit which HOPEFULLY means more dates! Date nights are great but we also love date days! I feel like it’s good to mix it up and there’s so much you can do during the day! If you want to have more dates and also want to keep things budget friendly these summer date nights under $50 are just the thing!
Summer Date Ideas Under $50
- Go for a walk together- in your neighborhood or on a fun trail in your city or town
- Check out the dollar theatre for bad (awesomely bad) summer movies- because who doesn’t love to see superhero movies?
- Sit outside and enjoy a treat- ice cream, a glass of wine, whatever sounds good!
- Go fishing- I’m sure if I asked Andrew to go fishing he would be ready to go before I could put on my shoes.
- Plan a picnic- Pick up food from somewhere or make it yourself! Even have a picnic in your backyard. Great opportunity to catch up and just enjoy being together without distractions.
- Cook dinner together and watch a new to you both movie- We love to cook together and we love to watch movies so this is a fav.
- Binge watch a show together– Feeling lazy? Cuddle up on the couch together and pick a new show to binge.
- Go to the library or browse a bookstore- Reading is fun! Go grab a coffee and browse a bookstore or the local library.
- Try a new restaurant- We love restaurants and Dallas has a summer event called Restaurant Week where you can go to fancy restaurants and have a prix fixe dinner for a really low price. I bet a lot of cities have this too! Not sure if they are doing this, everywhere with Covid but worth looking into!
- Go to a local festival- Wine festivals, food festivals, music festivals- again some places may have these with certain Covid precautions.
- Go to a movie in the park/outdoor movie/drive-in movie- There’s a drive-in about 50 minutes away and I have always wanted to go!
- Go to a concert- Our local Arboretum has outdoor concerts all summer!
- Watch fireworks together- Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day… lots of firework opportunities!
- Go to a waterpark/amusement park- When in doubt do something scary!
Obviously, there are a lot of other summer date ideas, but y’all this post was getting long! I would love love love to know what your summer date ideas are, so please leave your favorites below.
What are some of your favorite summer date ideas under $50?
This blog post was originally published in 2016 and has been updated for 2023.