With summer right around the corner, our schedule will start to lighten up a bit which HOPEFULLY means more dates! Date nights are great but we also love date days! I feel like it’s good to mix it up and there’s so much you can do during the day! If you want to have more dates and also want to keep things budget friendly these summer date nights under $50 are just the thing!
Summer Date Ideas Under $50
- Go for a walk together- in your neighborhood or on a fun trail in your city or town
- Check out the dollar theatre for bad (awesomely bad) summer movies- because who doesn’t love to see superhero movies?
- Sit outside and enjoy a treat- ice cream, a glass of wine, whatever sounds good!
- Go fishing- I’m sure if I asked Andrew to go fishing he would be ready to go before I could put on my shoes.
- Plan a picnic- Pick up food from somewhere or make it yourself! Even have a picnic in your backyard. Great opportunity to catch up and just enjoy being together without distractions.
- Cook dinner together and watch a new to you both movie- We love to cook together and we love to watch movies so this is a fav.
- Binge watch a show together– Feeling lazy? Cuddle up on the couch together and pick a new show to binge.
- Go to the library or browse a bookstore- Reading is fun! Go grab a coffee and browse a bookstore or the local library.
- Try a new restaurant- We love restaurants and Dallas has a summer event called Restaurant Week where you can go to fancy restaurants and have a prix fixe dinner for a really low price. I bet a lot of cities have this too! Not sure if they are doing this, everywhere with Covid but worth looking into!
- Go to a local festival- Wine festivals, food festivals, music festivals- again some places may have these with certain Covid precautions.
- Go to a movie in the park/outdoor movie/drive-in movie- There’s a drive-in about 50 minutes away and I have always wanted to go!
- Go to a concert- Our local Arboretum has outdoor concerts all summer!
- Watch fireworks together- Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day… lots of firework opportunities!
- Go to a waterpark/amusement park- When in doubt do something scary!
Obviously, there are a lot of other summer date ideas, but y’all this post was getting long! I would love love love to know what your summer date ideas are, so please leave your favorites below.
What are some of your favorite summer date ideas under $50?
This blog post was originally published in 2016 and has been updated for 2023.
Love this post! Some great ideas for my boyfriend and I to do this summer 🙂 Sophie x
Spending a ton of money overtime you go out is necessary. Nice long walk with tons of talking and an ice pop afterwards sounds wonderful.
So many great ideas here! I love hearing your suggestions. JW and I are doing a no spend freeze in the month of June so we’re all about frugal date ideas. 🙂
These are all great date ideas. I know my hubby and I would love a trip to the library for new books to read. I would like to take him out more, but his chronic low back pain makes traveling difficult for him.
We’re on opposite scheduled and haven’t had a date night in such a long time. You’ve made some great suggestions.
Trying new restaurants is one of my all time favourite dates! Cooking at home is great fun too
Nellwyn | http://www.thecardinalpress.com
I love the idea of a takeout picnic date. We love using our backyard for fun stuff like dates.
We always loved visiting drive in movies in the summer!
These are all great ideas. A walk on the beach with ice cream is one of our favorites.
The ice cream bars look delicious, I am going to have to try the Mint Chocolate Chip!
Great summer dates ideas! I love cho9clate icecream by thw way 🙂
I love this list of dates! My boyfriend and I love grabbing an ice cream cone and sitting outside to enjoy it. It’s a nice way to appreciate the weather and chit chat. I’d love to go fishing with him. He’s from a small town and loves outdoorsy things like that. 🙂 Thanks for the list!
I’m a fan of binge watching our pre-recorded shows with a bag of chocolate-covered almonds. It’s the perfect date after a wild week of workouts and work days!
Such a great list 🙂 Those icecream treats are a great idea for us (we can’t go OUT for icecream because of peanut allergies and cross contamination)
The mister and I love to go for walks in the summer (and maybe for a single drink on our way back) but we also love taking on a home reno project or craft together, cooking something new, or dinner on our patio.
And of course, Game of Thrones night 😉
Laura @ http://www.cookwineandthinker.com
A great list!
Simple, yet intimate.
These are great ideas! My husband and I are going for a walk tomorrow morning since we can finally do that together with my mom here to stay with the boys while we both go out walking.
There are some really good ideas here and I love how you have made this financially viable too. Going for a walk is always a good choice
Awesome ideas! I have to send this list to my parents because I really want them to go on a date.
We’ve been having a tough time finding good date ideas on a budget lately that aren’t outdoors in the heat of the summer, but you’ve got some great concepts here and I’m feeling so much more inspired now! I can’t wait to try some of these out soon.