I won’t even lie, the third trimester of pregnancy is hard. Not so much at the beginning but those last few weeks can be tough. I also think the last few weeks really felt like about 7 months. I want to share my third trimester survival guide with you guys so if you ever find yourself with child you’ll be prepared with the things that helped me make it through!
Third Trimester Survival Guide
- A lot of TV: I watched random reruns of shows like The Hills, Teen Mom, and How I Met Your Mother A LOT. Having a stream of fun and distracting TV shows is great.
- A way to pamper yourself: Going to a place to get a 30 minute foot rub, or a mani/pedi, or doing a face mask at home. So many things that can make you feel beautiful and relaxed when you feel anything but.
- Comfort: I have mentioned before how much I loved my Boppy pregnancy wedge! I bought one in my first trimester and have slept with it religiously. There are 4 different pillows that offer different solutions to pregnancy discomfort and lack of sleep during pregnancy. They are 4 different shapes and price points to customize pregnant moms’ needs. Boppy recently sent me the Boppy® Pregnancy Wedge (with Jersey Slipcover) which is great to have a second one for our living room instead of taking it back and forth. They also sent me the Boppy® Bump & Back Support Pillow which was amazing the last several weeks of pregnancy when EVERYTHING hurts. The Boppy® Pregnancy Support Pillow which has been amazing for my back! Seriously I can’t rave enough about this. Also the Boppy® Multi-use Slipcovered Total Body Pillow which I have loved during the day for naps. I could fill our entire bed with Boppy pregnancy pillows and be happy. The wedge and the others have been equally as amazing. I also have used the Pregnancy Wedge behind my back while driving, working at my computer, etc. Boppy Pregnancy pillows are a great solution to uncomfortable pregnancy and help pregnant women get comfortable to rest. They have basically been my life saver this entire pregnant, but especially the final months. Recent studies show that women who get more sleep and more restful sleep generally tend to have healthier pregnancies, easier delivery and healthy babies. While I am not sleeping as much as I would like, I do know that my improved sleep is 100% because of the Boppy products!
- Good reads: If you are like me you might be up for 30 minutes here and there in the middle of the night or just not be able to nap during the day like you thought you would. I have been reading a ton. If you check out the books tab on my blog there are TONS of suggestions!
- An understanding partner: Andrew has been amazing. He is super helpful and always trying to make things easier. I think that makes all the difference at the end when you feel disgusting, huge, and want to cry all the time. Having someone that makes you feel beautiful, and loved is the best. Bonus if they don’t mind mood swings!
What kinds of things would you add to a third trimester survival guide?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Boppy. The opinions and text are all mine.