I have spoken about wellness a lot. I try to live as balanced and healthy a lifestyle as I can. That doesn’t mean I don’t indulge in cookies from time to time, or enjoy a glass of wine. But I do have a weekly wellness routine of sorts that I try to stick to.
Weekly Wellness Routine
- Meal Planning: We meal plan every Saturday for the following week. This helps us not make unhealthy decisions like fast food or something junkie when we don’t know what to make.
- Scheduling workouts: Yes I work my workout into my calendar. Since everyday is a bit different I go ahead and block out an hour each day to work out. Sometimes this is nap time or when Liam is in school. I have a bit more flexibility on weekends when Andrew is home. That is usually when I will take a yoga or barre class.
- Buy whole foods: Going along with meal planning we try to buy only whole foods. Meaning fewest ingredients and nothing with words we can’t pronounce or something with a “color” as an ingredient.
- Declutter: Almost every week I declutter something! This might be a drawer, closet, the playroom, etc. We either store in the attic for later use or donate.
- Keep it clean: Doing a deep clean weekly and daily wiping things down, vacuuming, and putting things where they go.
- Yoga: As much as I would love to do this daily it’s become quite hard. So I aim for once or twice a week.
- Do something for myself: Either a manicure, Starbucks, alone time walking and listening to a podcast, just something for me.
- Face masks: I usually do a deep clean face mask once or twice a week! Here are some of my favorites.
- Acupressure: I purchased an acupressure mat several months ago and I use this AT LEAST once a week! So so good for you!
- Wake up early: This allows me to really set my goals and intentions for the day. Have some mental me time. Read, drink coffee, check emails, and eat breakfast alone.
- Exercise: This is purely mental. I don’t do it to lose weight, I do it to relieve anxiety and to make me mentally feel good.
- Walk: I have also spoken a lot about how I walk 10K steps a day no matter what. This is another great mental thing for me and also no matter what I am moving my body.
- Drink lemon water: I started doing this daily a few months ago. I make a big Yeti full in the morning and another around lunch. I notice that my skin is looking better and my digestive system isn’t giving me as much trouble.
- Green Smoothies: I started drinking these daily in May of 2010! I have rarely missed a day. It’s a great way to get all your fruits and veggies in. Check my recipe here.
- Cook a healthy dinner: We do this every night. Sure sometimes we splurge. But for the most part we stick to easy, healthy dinners.
- Eat whole foods: I am a big snacker so I try to stick to fruits, vegetables, RX bars, etc.
- Meditate: I want to say I do this every day no matter what but I really really try! I use Headspace! It’s a great app to get you started.
I would love to know what your weekly wellness routine looks like!