Having bad days is ok. Having days where you want to do nothing is ok too! But just in case you don’t ever want to have those days I am sharing 10 ways to cheer yourself up! I personally would rather try to cheer myself up than be sad.
10 Ways To Cheer Yourself Up
- Play with animals: I am not a huge animal person, but how can you be sad when playing with puppies? It’s just not possible.
- Go workout: I mean Elle Woods said it best, endorphins make you happy. But truthfully when I have been in a funky mood and gone to work out I am always so happy after. Workouts really can cheer you up. I love listening to a new playlist or a new podcast episode during a good workout too!
- Spend time with family: When I am sad my biggest mood booster is playing with Liam and Andrew! Going to the park or taking Liam outside and hearing his sweet laugh! THE BEST!
- Color: I love a good adult coloring book or even kids ones!
- Watch something funny: I love this mood booster from Ellen. I have mentioned it before but seriously try to NOT laugh! Or you know search funny cat videos. Whatever floats your boat!
- Meet a friend for a walk: I love going for walks with girlfriends. Grab a cup of coffee or tea and go walk and talk with a friend. I promise you will feel better!
- Make a list of everything good: Everything good in your life. Maybe you can reevaluate why you are in a sad mood when you see everything good in your life!
- Declutter: Sometimes just crap everywhere can put you in a funky mood. Try to declutter a few spaces and see if that helps!
- Volunteer: Because when you are helping others you can’t possibly be sad!
- Paint your nails: Because chipped nails will put anyone in a bad mood!
What would you add to this list? What are some ways to cheer yourself up that you utilize?