The blog world is ever changing. Algorithms, trends, rules, etc. It can be kind of draining to keep up with it all. If blogging is something you take seriously or do to make money, staying motivated as a blogger is KEY! I want to share with you 11 ways to stay motivated as a blogger.
11 Ways To Stay Motivated As A Blogger
- Have a blogger bestie: Having friends in the blog world that you can confide in, bounce ideas off of, and genuinely connect with is so helpful. Some of my early blogging friends don’t blog anymore, but our friendships have lasted for years! Many of them were at my wedding (or in it!) Blogging besties can keep you motivated and remind you why you are so awesome.
- Turn To Pinterest: I find Pinterest SO inspirational and motivational. It’s the best way to find ideas for new blog posts too! I find that taking Pinterest breaks keeps me motivated to always do better.
- Make blogging goals: I make monthly goals but I usually mix in a blogging goal or two in there. For my yearly goals I also have some blogging goals. It keeps me motivated to always improve from year to year.
- Attend a conference/webinar: These days I feel like blog conferences are becoming more of a thing of the past, and webinars are what it’s all about. There are TONS of free blogging webinars ALL OVER. Pretty much covering every topic you can think of. These are great ways to get some motivation, learn some new things, and even connect with other bloggers.
- Pitch to a brand: Nothing will make you feel more motivated than landing a great gig with a brand.
- Join a new blogging group: This could be on Facebook or local, but being involved with a new group of bloggers is so helpful and motivating. Just seeing what others are doing will make your inner girl boss come out.
- Chat in a blogger Facebook group: Sometimes asking a question, or just venting in a blogging group on Facebook can help. I mean recently I saw someone venting about changes to Instagram and instantly tons of bloggers were talking about the same frustrations. Remember that you are probably having the same frustrations as others.
- Get a mentor: Maybe there’s someone who’s been doing it a little longer than you. Maybe there’s someone who can really mentor you and point you in the right direction in blog world. Find a mentor and see if they can give you some guidance.
- Remember why you started: Sometimes just stopping and remembering why you started your blog in the first place can give you the motivation you’re lacking. I mean we all started for a reason right? Maybe it was because you loved to write and share stories or maybe you really wanted to make money at it. Just remember why you started.
- Try not to take it too seriously: At the end of the day it’s a blog. Even if it’s your full time job. Try not to make it the most important part of your life. You have family, friends, kids, significant others, etc. Focus on them.
- Take a break from it all: Sometimes giving yourself a day, a week, a month to step away from social media and blogging will give you the push you need. It will give you a new perspective. Give yourself a break if that’s what you need.
How do you find ways to stay motivated as a blogger?