Today will be my last post for the year. Last year I took off from right before Christmas till right after New Years and it was SUCH a good decision for me. I was able to enjoy the holidays with my family and really relax. Having a 4 week old baby this year I VERY much need this! So today I am going to share my 2020 Goals and 2019 reflections as a way to close out the year.
2020 Goals and 2019 Reflections
In 2019 I wanted to…
- Read 60 books: Yes I did do this and then some! I love making reading a goal.
- If I am lucky enough to get pregnant have a much healthier pregnancy this time around and not eat ALL THE THINGS. Make sure if I get pregnant I continue with safe workouts. So I did get pregnant but I still gained just about as much weight. I worked out daily and tried to eat healthy but this is just how my body does things.
- Continue with yoga and improve my practice and start attending more barre classes again. I did take a lot more barre classes but dropped the ball with yoga.
- Grow social media numbers: My Instagram and Pinterest grew!
- Work with 5 NEW brands: I did work with SO many new brands this year and I am so beyond grateful!
- Cross 20 things off my 101 in 1001 list: I crossed a lot off but I don’t think 20! Hopefully, we can do more this coming year.
- Take a vacation with just Andrew and one with Liam as well: Andrew and I went to Naples, FL and it was wonderful. Then I got pregnant so any plans to take Liam somewhere went away sadly.
- Take Liam to Austin again: Not this year but hopefully next!
- Have a more successful business year than the previous year: BIG HUGE CHECK! My best year yet!
- Find a way to make our rooms more organized as a whole. I feel like we have too much clutter in closets and they could use better shelving/organization: Well we moved instead but we have made our new rooms here much more organized! Thank you Container Store and Neat Method!!
In 2020 I want to…
- Read 50 books (2 kids so I’m trying to be realistic)
- Lose all the baby weight in a healthy way and feel good about myself in the process
- Do yoga once a week even if it’s at home
- Do barre once a week even if it’s at home
- Try to be more relaxed with Charlotte than I was with Liam as an infant
- Get out of the house with the baby as much as possible while Liam is in school
- Take a vacation with Andrew
- Take both kids to Houston at least once
- Cross 15 new things off my 101 in 1001 list
- Work with 5 New brands
- Have a more successful 2020 than 2019 business-wise
- Spend a lot of time with my grandparents
- Make myself and self-care/my health a priority daily (walk 10K steps, drink lots of water, take vitamins, etc)
Also with this, I want to pick a focus word for 2020. This year my focus word is HEALTH. Mental health, physical health, emotional health. I want to have a healthy body inside and out. I want to have a healthy mind and really be proactive with my mental health. I also want to feel more emotionally healthy.
I hope you all have an amazing Christmas and New Years and I will be back with a new post on January 2nd!
Thank you so much for reading this year and for supporting me. It means the absolute world to me. Hard to believe I am now a week into my 11th year of blogging!
What is one of your goals for 2020?