10.30.18 28

5 Things To Do To Become More Of A Minimalist

I don’t know why but lately I have been on a “get rid of all the things” bandwagon. I am striving to become more of a minimalist and I wanted to share the 5 things I am personally doing to become more of a minimalist that .

5 Things To Do To Become More Of A Minimalist

Do You Need It: So not only does this help you become more of a minimalist but it really helps save money. Do you really need it? Is it a purse or shoes or another book or mug? Do you REALLY need it? If you feel like you really do maybe you can donate or sell one you already have.

Have You Used It: This I do with clothes especially. Have I worn it in the last year? Is it a classic piece? If it’s classic and I haven’t worn it I will keep it. Otherwise, if it’s something I haven’t worn, I will sell or donate it. The same can be said for other random things around your house that won’t get used, such as kids toys, books, etc.

Do You Have Similar: Do you have 10 white long sleeved shirts? You probably don’t need another one and you can probably pare down the ones you have. Does your kiddo have TONS of stuffed animals they never play with? Probably get rid of a few.

Is it necessary: Is it a necessity or something you really have to have around? Do you ever use that food processor? Get rid of it, it’s been sitting in your closet since your wedding. OK maybe that was just us.

Is There Something Else: Is there something you’d rather have instead? That’s a good question to ask. Do you want to buy this now or something else later?

There are tons of other methods, ways, etc, these are just the ones working for me personally to try to become more of a minimalist.

I would love to know what you do to become more of a minimalist?

1. Next time I’m going for a wardrobe purge (actually, my wardrobe is in dire need of one right now…), I’m going to keep these questions in mind. I’m the worst when it comes to throwing stuff away – especially old clothes!

2. Vox wrote:

Wow! Your minimalist suggestions were delivered in a minimalist post. I get it; you’re practicing what you preach, right? Thanks for reminding how to do better with the resources we’ve been blessed with. 👍🏽

3. GiGi Eats wrote:

Oh gosh, go through my closet and get rid of things for me. For some reason, I feel like I need them all, when really – I DO NOT. haha! #hoarder

Published 10.30.18
  4. These are great suggestions! I need to use these and start going through all of the stuff I have and the kids have!

5. Shannon wrote:

Loving theses suggestions! I would love to live a more minimalist lifestyle, but I feel like it’s a constant work in progress!

Published 10.30.18
  6. I’m no good at being minimalist – I try to de-clutter but there is just too much stuff I can’t get rid of for one reason or another!!

7. Jenny wrote:

I have been thinking about decluttering and how to approach it. Your tips are amazing and very helpful! Thank you!

8. Jeni wrote:

Great tips! I’m not there yet but definitely on the way…. could totally relate as I DO own 10 black t-shirts in my closest lol

Published 10.30.18

I have never been one to hold on to many things. I enjoy minimalism because clutter makes it hard for me to concentrate. Even then, we still do a semi-annual purge in our house and it feels so good to take things out of the house that we don’t need anymore.

10. Cecilia wrote:

Love these tips! I definitely like to constantly look through my closet, especially after I go shopping, just to make sure that I’m giving away any clothes that I haven’t worn recently. I think it’s helpful to keep the same amount of hangers so that every time I buy something new, I have to make sure there’s a place to store it! If not, I’ll give it away.

xoxo, Cecilia // sunnysidececilia.com

11. Brandy wrote:

It’s not too hard to be more of a minimalist, but I say that being a person who has been a pretty simple adult. Glad you shared these tips for someone who may be interested in being more of a minimalist.

12. Rachel wrote:

Awesome suggestions, i’m definitely going to start doing some of those thanks. Thanks

13. Krysten wrote:

Have you used it? is a BIG one for me! I clean things up every six months for so. If I haven’t used something in the last 6 months it GOES.

14. Emily wrote:

I’ve been wanting to try being a minimalist, but I’m not sure if I can. This definitely makes me want to try!

15. MAYSZ wrote:

Wow great suggest about minimalist. I think I need to de clutter my stuff in my room Thanks for sharing.

Published 10.30.18
  16. I’m just not a minimalist. I try to weed things out a few times a year but I don’t do a great job at it. I imagine that this may be more important to me at a time later in life.

17. Marcela wrote:

These small 5 questions are really the key to be minimalistic. I try not to be over board with everything, nowadays is very hard to be on the point and not to buy too much. I always ask myself these questions when I want something.

Published 10.31.18
  18. I love this list! Im always trying to minimise my items and this is a great series of questions to aid that process xx

Published 10.31.18
  19. This is an inspiration for me to go smaller in so many different ways. It’s easy to want to hold on to things. But I really need to set the tone and example myself if I expect my daughter to do it.

Published 10.31.18
  20. This is an inspiration for me to get rid of more stuff. I really know that I need to. And the only way to inspire my daughter to will be for me to do the same.

Published 10.31.18
  21. shan wrote:

I love the awesome awesome list. I love to be minimalism in our home, but man oh man, the junk just creeps in somehow. Thanks for this!

Published 10.31.18
  22. This really made me think about simplifying a few things. Giving away clothes I don’t wear can be hard, but I think if I made cleaning out my closet a more regular thing, then it wouldn’t take so long.

Published 10.31.18
  23. Rachel wrote:

I am far from being a minimalist. I need to get rid of so much stuff. I am a bit of a cosmetics hoarder.

Published 10.31.18
  24. bekausa wrote:

Published 11.1.18
  25. some of your tips i had done and it’s really effective to get rid of things. I’ll try the rest of these, i believe it will work. Thanks for your post. ^^

Published 11.1.18
  26. Justin D wrote:

I minimalized my WALLET!! Seriously, it’s so freeing to get rid of the George Costanza I was carrying.

Published 11.3.18
  27. Lisa wrote:

This is me with clothes! I so need to go through and get rid of sooo much. But its hard not to buy, because I always want whats on trend! ahhh maybe this can be my new years resolution this year!

Published 11.5.18
  28. Eden wrote:

I carry a minimalist wallet every day.

Published 3.14.20