Summer is right around the corner. If you live in the south you probably already feel a bit like it’s summer. I am a huge fan of the warmer months before it gets TOO HOT because it’s the perfect time for dates! I am sharing 15 summer date ideas that are some of our favorites to do!
15 Summer Date Ideas
- Drive in movies:movies: We have a few of these on the outskirts of Dallas and I have always wanted to go!
- Picnics: This is great for anytime of day, pick up yummy food or make it yourself and enjoy some lunch or dinner with maybe some wine in a pretty environment.
- Go see a movie: I mean tried and true. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it right? We love going to the fancy movie theater where the seats recline and you can order delicious food and even a bottle of wine. Yes please!
- Listen to live music: Either an outdoor concert or maybe a restaurant or bar with live music.
- Cook at home: Cheap, easy, and PJs!
- Go for a bike ride or hike: Staying fit together is always a win
- Go to a museum: We have a ton of museums in Dallas and we never go. Making this a priority!
- Go to local botanical gardens or nature preserves: A walk through some beautiful scenery.
- Go swimming! Something we do not do nearly enough.
- Go fishing at a lake. Andrew loves to fish so if your significant other is a fisher this is a fun date idea.
- Go to a local carnival/fair: Who doesn’t love rides and fried food?
- Do a DIY together: Not a bad way to spend time together doing something you can both enjoy for years to come.
- Try a new restaurant: Is there somewhere you’ve been dying to go? GO!
- Go dancing: My husband is not a dancer but still a fun time. Maybe after a drink or two!
- Get ice cream/yogurt/sno cones: Easy, cheap, and always fun. Bonus to sit outside and enjoy them together!
What are some of your favorite summer date ideas?