This will be my last post of 2021. As always I like to end the year on a positive note sharing my 2022 goals, word of the year, and a look back at how I did on my 2021 goals. I always like to take off from this time until the day after New Years as I think its important to focus my time on my kids and husband and really enjoy the holidays. I will still be on Instagram stories though so definitely come hang there! Have a happy and healthy New Years friends!
2022 Goals + Word of the Year
In 2021 I wanted to:
- Read 65 books: I believe I read right around this number. It was a great year for books and I will have a whole post in January on my favorite books from the year.
- Get my focus away from the number on the scale and focus on how I feel in my clothes: Yes and no. I feel like I went back and forth on this and sometimes I was great at it and sometimes I got way too stuck on it.
- Work on not being a perfectionist: hahaha I always fail here!
- If possible take one vacation with Andrew and one with the kids (Covid depending): We did! We went to 30A and it was the best trip with our friends.
- Get Charlotte prepared to start MDO in August: I feel like we prepared her best we could and she is thriving there.
- Work with 10 new brands: I did that about 4 times over! It was such a great business year and I am so proud of myself and my amazing team!
- Have a more successful year than the previous business-wise: YES! 2020 was NOT my best year but I hit this goal in August!
- Have more one-on-one time with my parents: I do feel like I spent more time with my mom. My dad is a little harder as he is really busy and we had a hard year losing my grandparents.
- Make dates with Andrew a priority in our marriage: We did not do this enough this year.
- Cross 25 things off my 101 in 1001 list: I crossed A LOT off this year. I am not sure of the exact number but in pretty much every single section I crossed things off.
- Focus on meditation more and try to meditate 4 times a week: Did not meditate 4 days a week.
- Focus on yoga and try to do yoga twice a week: I did Yoga most weeks at least once some weeks twice so I did better than I thought I would!
In 2022 I want to:
- Read 70 books
- Cross 20 things off my 101 in 1001 list
- Work with 25 new brands
- Have a more successful year business-wise
- Have 1 date with Andrew a month out of the house
- Get Liam ready for Kindergarten in August
- Be better about purging toys/stuff
- Do 1000 Peloton workouts
- Take an active rest day each week
- Get the kids outside for at least an hour a day (weather permitting) not including school
- Work on Pinterest growth and make that a top priority
- Improve my weekly newsletter
- Actively have 1 on 1 time with my parents monthly
2022 Word Of The Year: Last year my word of the year was NO and honestly I did not say NO as much as I wish I had. This year I want to continue that so my word of the year is LESS. I think I had this as my word of the year a few years ago but as my kids are getting older I want to spend more time with them and enjoy these days and how quickly they fly by. So I need to do LESS of things that don’t matter. I want to have the attitude that if it is not positively benefiting my life or my family’s life then it’s not worth my time.
What is one of your 2022 goals or your word of the year??