Do you ever wake up and just feel bleh? I am talking ZERO motivation to do anything. Or maybe around mid day you just want to call it quits, lay down, and a take a nap. We all have those zero motivation days. Today I am sharing 5 ways to find motivation when you can’t because we’ve all been there but there’s no need to dwell on it!
5 Ways To Find Motivation (When You Can’t)
- Change Your Surroundings: It can be easy to lose motivation if you are stuck in a dark room. Or even stuck inside. A good way to find motivation is to change it up. If you work from home and feel like you can’t focus maybe pack up and head outside if the weather is nice. If not maybe head to a coffee shop or restaurant to work. If you work in an office, maybe take a break and go outside for 10-15 minutes. Walking around can really help you relax and then be able to find the motivation to finish your work.
- Make A List: I find that having a daily to do list really helps me find motivation. I make a daily to do list and add pretty much everything that needs to get done that day from work stuff, to home stuff, to errands and more. I find that if I am losing focus or motivation and I take a look at my to do list and find one thing I can accomplish it helps. That one thing turns into two and three and then I am motivated!
- Refocus: Sometimes giving yourself 5 or so minutes to read an article, play around on social media, or watch a YouTube video can help you refocus. You take a good break plus if you read something informative you can refocus on that for a bit. Then get back to your work!
- Check Your Goals: I make a monthly goals list on my blog. If I am feeling a lack of motivation, I check my goals list and find something I can work towards. If I have already met my monthly goals I look at my yearly goals.
- Work Out: When all else fails, work out! I do my workouts first thing in the morning, but if I need to find some motivation doing a 10 minute ab workout, or going for a brisk walk, can really help. You get moving and your endorphins kick in!
What ways to find motivation do you use? Do they help?