One of my favorite things to do with my friends is have girl’s days/nights. I tend to prefer the daytime because I like to go to sleep early, and I know my friends agree! I want to share 9 fun ideas for a girl’s day that will make you want to plan one with your friends ASAP! If you are in Dallas I have lots of fun ideas here too!
9 Fun Ideas For A Girl’s Day
- Go on a road trip: A few summers ago some girlfriends and I did a day trip to Waco, TX from Dallas to go to Magnolia Silos (Fixer Upper) and it was THE BEST TIME! We shopped, talked, got Starbucks, and had such a fun day. We were home by 4 PM and it was a great girl’s day.
- Get pampered: Probably my favorite girl’s day activity. I love going with friends to get manicures/pedicures, or to a spa where we can all have champagne, get massages, etc. So many fun ways to do this! Recently a huge group of us went and had pedicures and brought in pizza and it was truly the best night.
- Go shopping/window shopping: This reminds me of girl’s days more so in my 20s. Now I do 99% of my shopping online but it’s still fun to browse with friends or even window shop.
- Get crafty: There are so many great places you can do this! Places like Pinot’s Palette or Board and Brush (they have these here – not sure about other cities).
- Boozy Brunch: Who doesn’t love a boozy brunch where you can have fun all day and then go home and nap!
- Do a fitness class: This is something I have done several times with friends and it’s always a blast. It’s a great time to try something new too because you have the moral support of your girls. In Dallas and I am sure other cities too, there are also huge free workout classes at times around the city!
- Have a book club: Book clubs are such a fun way to get together with girlfriends! Pick a fun book, drink some wine, and have girl talk.
- Have a picnic: Easy, and fun! Everyone can bring something and share and chit-chat!
- Have a movie marathon: Take it back to middle school sleepovers. Everyone goes in pajamas to someone’s house and watch movies and eat junk food!
Are you so ready to have a girl’s day now? Tell me what you love doing for girl’s days!
I love picnic days! They’re super fun, especially during summer. Good photo ops too 😉
Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog
My favorite things to do with friends is a road trip/weekend trip, exercise class (mostly because we always feel like we’re going to die), and those make and take classes that are popular. Those always end up being really fun and oddly relaxing.
These all sound like fun! I love getting pampered and the idea of having a book club definitely appeals…
I love all these ideas! My favorite girls day are pedicures and a chick flick + wine!
Love all of these ideas girl! Really thinking about starting a book club for the summer now lol!
Love all of these ideas girl! Now thinking about starting a book club for the summer lol!
They all sound like fun! I need to plan a girlfriend day really soon. It’s been awhile! Pinning.
I love a good picnic! All you need is a blanket, some good cheese, and wine. 🙂 Oh, and maybe a park, haha. Love this post!
These ideas all sound so fun! Sometimes my friends and I get in ruts where we aren’t sure what to do together other than grabbing food or coffee, so I’ll add these to our list. A fitness class sounds like SO much fun!
xoxo, Cecilia // sunnysidececilia.com
I have done both movie club and book club with friends here in Texas. When I am with my mom, sister, and aunts, it’s usually about the crafts because we are all scrapbookers and do that together. But, I wouldn’t ever say no to a good pampering day!
I much prefer girl’s day out to sleepovers. It feels like a little treat and then I get to go home and cuddle with my family after a great day!
I love all these ideas! Since my daughter was born, it is so hard to come by time with my friends. I think my favorite girl day idea is going shopping!
My favourite is window shopping! I enjoy it when in the company of others & even when in solo!!
I think the majority of the girls I know I met through fitness classes so one of the things we tend to do alot is try new classes together. It’s a blast and friendship should be celebrated.
I prefer Girl’s Day as well since I don’t like to sleep late
These all sound so fun! I’m planning a girls day to binge watch the new episode of Queer Eye. I can’t wait!
I would definitely do the movie marathon because I am that kind of junkie. But I think a road trip would be a blast too. Have some general notion of where you are going but never sure what you are going to do to get there.
I had a girl’s day with my sister last weekend where we went to the hot bath here in Japan. That is so worth the time and worth the money because I love relaxing in hot baths.
Oooo so many fun ideas!!! I’m all about brunch!!! My favorite meal
Of the week!
I have been thinking of starting a book club for a minute now. This is a great list. Thanks for sharing.
My girl’s days (on the rare occasion that I have one) usually look like either:
1. Going to a winery
2. Staying home, having coffee, and chit chatting
I don’t have many friends so these are very, very rare, but I always treasure them when I do get to have them 🙂
These are such fun ideas!! I definitely want to plan a few of these soon. Thanks for sharing!
Enjoyed reading the article above , really explains everything in detail,the article is very interesting and effective.Thank you and good luck for the upcoming articles