It can be hard to make time for each other as life gets busier. You get married, have kids, buy a house, and things just add up. When you do have free time there are a million things to get done. But relationships have to come first. They have to be the foundation for everything else. I want to share how to make time for each other when the rest of life can get crazy.
How To Make Time For Each Other
- Schedule it in: Some people need to schedule their workouts in so there is nothing wrong with scheduling in date nights or time together. We make it a point to put date nights or potential date nights on the calendar. We are far less likely to skip them or cancel them.
- Unplug: When you are spending time together, put the phones away. This is something we are constantly working on being better at. The social media will always be there.
- Do a project: Maybe you need to organize a closet, or paint a bedroom or something else around the house. Doing a project together is a great way to spend time as a couple.
- Take advantage of days off: Andrew works for a bank so he gets bank holidays off! I work for myself so I can take a day off whenever. Recently Andrew had MLK day off and Liam had school so we took advantage of the day off and spent it together!
- Make vacations a priority: We prioritize one kid free vacation together a year. Last year we went to Florida and this year we are going to Laguna Nigel, California. As much as we love Liam and we miss him so much when we are gone, it’s good for us to reconnect and have that uninterrupted alone time. It’s also good for him to get spoiled by grandparents!
- At home date nights: When you have kids, an at home date night is sometimes the best you can do. While we make going out on dates a priority it just doesn’t always work. We’ve had to cancel dates because Liam is sick or a babysitter wasn’t available. So cooking a meal together, or even picking up take out is fun. We have done puzzles, watched movies, played games, or just talked.
These are just a few examples of how to make time for each other. I would love to know if you have anything you’d add?
This Valentine’s Day, it’s time to treat yourself! I’ve teamed up with a group of bloggers to give you
a chance to win a $750 Nordstrom Gift Card!
To enter: complete the steps in the rafflecopter below. The more steps you complete,
the more entries you receive, and the better your chance at winning!
This giveaway runs until Friday, February 15th at 12am PST
Winner will be announced here. Good Luck!
*this giveaway is in no way sponsored by Nordstrom.